Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy

2b0cef439bafa6c5fed8f50e6134b68d.jpg

Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy (Capela de Nossa Senhora da Piedade), which is attached to the north wing of the cloister of the Braga's Cathedral, and which is part of the four churches next to this Cathedral, was built by Bishop D. Diogo de Sousa (a prominent Renaissance portuguese figure ), in 1513, to be his tomb chapel.

In addition to the tomb of D. Diogo de Sousa, there are the 18th century tiles, the Renaissance high altar, a gilded altarpiece and the carved ceiling.