It is a large rectangular room covered with a slightly pointed barrel vault. At the back, there is access to two rooms: the farthest one corresponds to the quadrangular floor of a tower that was destroyed in the 19th century.
This dependence served as a stable and stable, and at one point served as a dormitory for the soldiers.
It is a room that reflects the power of the Order of the Temple in its last years of existence, with Berenguer de Cardona as Master of the Crown of Aragon and Arnau de Banyuls as Commander, who used his wealth and all his efforts to create a colossal work and solid, probably thinking to be able to recover what had already been lost, however the Castillo de Peñícola turned out to be his last refuge.
The solidity, the strength of its walls, takes us back to a world that disappeared 700 years ago. The enigmatic Templar world. A world strange to us, a world of warriors, which we know was created in 1119 by nine knights, and which was disapproved and condemned in 1312, when the King of France, Philip IV, "the Beautiful", influenced Pope Clement V, to end his power and confiscate all his possessions. A few years later, in 1314, Grand Master Jacques de Molay and 38 other members of the order were burned at the stake in Paris, accused of all manner of misdemeanors and misdemeanors, and the Templar order became part of the legend.
In its last restoration, the base stone was exposed, carved and forming a raised edge on the original pavement.
In the 2015 restoration, the base stone was left exposed, which in places is carved and forms a raised ledge above the level of the original pavement, which is slightly lower than the current one.
In the thick wall on the right, which faces the outside, four rectangular openings open at a height of about 2 m, which taper downwards towards the outside.