This former textile factory is currently home to the Béjar Textile Museum, a completely refurbished space of great architectural strength.
Since the 13th century that is visible the presence of the textile industry in the city of Béjar, with the construction of the School of Engineering dedicated to the theme and for the jobs of the time, which were mostly in the textile industry.
In the 15th century there were already small centers for the manufacture of fabrics, which were under the tutelage of the dukes of Béjar. These were growing and managed to mark an important place within the Spanish market.
To maintain the market position, it was necessary to "refine" the products manufactured until then, as consumers were becoming more demanding and had greater purchasing power. So, in 1691, the Duchess hires several Flemish masters who come to teach craftsmen new textile techniques.
The increase in orders for uniforms for the Army in 1715 became one of the cornerstones that kept this industry in operation until today.
Later, the fabrics began to dye, and more and more houses were appearing that had spinning and cardar machines.
In order to better understand the textile manufacturing process, you can contemplate the entire textile cycle from cardboard, spinning, weaving, dyeing to finishing.
As a way of making known this scientific and technical heritage, the Textile Museum was created, which houses a large collection of different textile machinery, as well as several military costumes produced in this city.