The Salado Pattern (also known as the Our Lady of Victory's Pattern) is a National Monument since 1956, is one of the most emblematic monuments of the city of Guimarães. It is located in the historical center, opposite the Nossa Senhora da Oliveira Church.
The Pattern is one of the most emblematic monuments of the city and is classifyed as a national monument since 1956.
This small temple was built in the year 1340, in Gothic style, is the commemorative Pattern of Salado's Battle (1340) in which D. Afonso IV, together with armies of Castile and Aragon, fought against Muslim troops of Granada and North Africa.
Inside is a pedestal on the top of which is a cross (spiritually Gothic, in its shaft, in the lower plane, there are four carved images alluding to St. Vincent, St. Philip, St. Torcato and the Guardian Angel), run s in 1342, and fo ram offered s by Pero Esteves, merchant Guimarães (who lived in Lisbon).
“The pattern of the Salado's victory, thanks to its location in relation to the collegiate and the image of devotion in the interior, soon became one of the most important Marian centers in the north of the country, being sought by real crowds in days. of pilgrimages and parties. The railing that protects it has been successively reformed over time, dating from the 70s of the twentieth century the last major restoration campaign, when the bars were replaced and the structures were consolidated. "