The sacristy dates from 1622 and is of Mannerist architecture designed by Pedro Tinoco. The Sacristy of the Monastery of Santa Cruz is possibly the largest in Portugal. The huge window at the top gives it an extraordinary light, as well as the extraordinary octagonal coffered ceilings that fill the vaulted ceiling and the two-colour stone flooring.
Other important objects are also part of the rich collection, such as the valuable Mirror with a frame from the 18th century and the huge wooden images next to the Cross: Our Lady and St. John the Evangelist, and on the opposite side, that of Santa Gúdula and St. Gertrude, all from the 18th century.
In this place we can see the chest in exotic wood from Brazil and decorated in ivory, dating from the 17th century, and also the amicuary-cabinet, embedded in the east wall, which bears the emblematic Cross held by two angels, and where we can still find some ivory tables that identify the name of some of its last Crúzios users (name by which the friars of the monastery were known).
On the walls covered with tiles from the 17th century, we find wooden paintings from the beginning of the 16th century – namely “O Pentecostes” by Grão Vasco, “Ecce Homo” and “O Calvário”, The Virgin” and the “Holy Women” by Cristóvão. de Figueiredo, two of the best 16th century painters.
Magnificent is also “The Descent of the Cross”, an 18th century painting, attributed to André Gonçalves. There are also paintings by Garcia Fernandes to be highlighted in this space.
There are also large wooden sculptures dating from the 17th century - the Crucifixion with Christ, the Virgin and St. John, and also Saint Gudula and Saint Gertrude, two saints of the Augustine Order.
On the east side of the sacristy, there is the vaulted house with the toilet covered in 17th century tiles.